- The Club shall be called “The Addiscombe Rifle Club” and have its Headquarters at the range situated at the Junction of Park Hill Rise and Deepdene Avenue, East Croydon, Surrey.
- The object of the club is to provide facilities for and promote participation of the whole community in the sport of shooting . It will encourage skill in rifle and pistol shooting by providing instruction and practice in the use of small arms.
- The Club shall be affiliated to the National Small-bore Rifle Association and any other Rifle or Pistol Association or Organisation which may be considered advantageous by the Committee.
- The Club shall be managed by a President, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Captain, and a Committee of up to five members all of whom shall be honorary, and saving the President, be elected annually. The elected Officers and any who may be co-opted from time to time shall be ex-officio, members of the Committee. The Secretary may convene committee meetings as and when required by giving 7 days notice. Five members shall form a quorum.
- Membership of the Club shall be open to all persons irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs; or of age, sex or disability except as a necessary consequence of the requirements of shooting as a particular sport. Application for membership shall be made in writing to the Secretary and such application shall be considered at the next meeting of the Committee who shall have the right to refuse admission. Prospective members must have demonstrated a commitment to target shooting and a satisfactory understanding of safety and shooting etiquette. Should a newly admitted member not hold a current Firearms Certificate, a Membership Card will not be issued for at least six months from the date of application. Membership Cards are the property of the Club and must be returned on termination of membership.
- Members under the age of 18 shall be called Junior members and shall have no right to vote at a General Meeting.
- The Annual Subscription shall be that sum recommended by the committee as necessary to keep the Club in a viable state and passed at the Annual General Meeting. Junior members and Senior Citizens will pay a reduced rate agreed from time to time at the Annual General Meeting. All Subscriptions are to be paid annually in advance. Any member who has not paid by the 31st March WILL be debarred from shooting privileges of Membership after the 31st March, but any member with financial difficulty should contact the Treasurer.
- Any member may be immediately suspended from using the Club’s facilities, if their conduct on the ranges or on any premises occupied by the Club or elsewhere is, in the opinion of a committee member or range conducting officer of the day, dangerous, objectionable or likely to bring the Club into disrepute. The matter will then be investigated by the committee, and dealt with in accordance with the current procedures on disciplinary matters as recommended by the National Small-bore Rifle Association.
- The Income and Property of the Club shall be applied solely towards promoting the Club’s objects as set forth in these constitutional rules and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, to the Members of the Club. Any Officer or member receiving money on behalf of the Club shall hand it forthwith to the Treasurer.
- The Secretary shall call the Annual General Meeting as soon as possible after the end of the preceding year, by giving 14 days notice in writing to all entitled to attend. At this meeting the following business shall be transacted:- Election of Officers, Committee and an Auditor. Receive the Treasurers report and approve the Balance Sheet. Receive the reports of other Officers and subcommittees, Revise and amend Rules and Regulations when necessary and consider any other business. For this meeting ten shall form a quorum.
- The Auditor shall examine the Club Accounts at least once annually, check all invoices and vouchers prior to the Annual General Meeting and if found correct, append thereto a certificate to the effect that the balance Sheet fairly represents the income, expenditure, and liabilities of the Club. The Auditor may at all times inspect books, documents, ammunition stocks and Club property in possession of any Officer or member and if necessary, make a report thereon to the Committee.
- The Secretary and Treasurer may pay accounts and incur any normal liabilities on behalf of the Club. The Committee and Officers are hereby indemnified by the Club against any demand or claim in respect of any liability properly and bona-fide incurred on behalf of the Club.
- Upon receiving a request in writing, duly setting out purpose, signed by at least six members and delivered to the Secretary or Chairman, the Committee shall within 14 days convene a Special General Meeting by giving 7 days notice in writing to all members, duly setting out the purpose for which the meeting is called.
- Upon such a requisition being duly served and not complied within 14 days, the signatories may convene a Special General Meeting by giving 7 days notice in writing to all members, duly setting out the purpose for which the meeting is called, and any resolutions passed at such a meeting shall have the same force and effect as if they were passed at a meeting called by the Committee.
- Any Officer or member of the committee may be removed by a majority of two-thirds of the members present at any General meeting convened under rules 10, 13, and 14, and such a vote shall be taken by ballot. At least ten members must be present at such a meeting.
- The Committee may make Bye-laws and regulations in regard to the use of the range, and may draw up conditions for all competitions, arrange handicapping and matches, appoint Sub-Committees and such Officers as they think fit.
- Any Bye-law and regulation made by the Committee under Rule 16 shall be published and exhibited on the Club Notice Board, and shall thereafter have all the force and effect of these rules.
- The Committee and Officers are hereby indemnified by The Club against:-
- all claims which may be made against them resulting from any death, injury, disability or damage to property arising from the Club’s activities whether conducted on the Club’s property or elsewhere.
- claims brought under Occupiers Liability legislation and claims in nuisance.
- The Chairman of the Club and Committee shall have a casting vote.
- The Committee shall have the power to legislate upon any point not provided for in these Rules.
- All the property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee.
- In the event of the dissolution of the Club, any assets remaining after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall not be paid or distributed among the members of the Club, but shall be given or transferred to one or more of the following approved sporting or charitable bodies:- (a) Another Club which is a registered CASC or a Registered Charity. (b) The sport’s national governing body, currently the National Small-bore Rifle Association, for use by them for related community sports.
- Small-bore shooting shall be governed by Rules and Regulations of the National Small-bore Rifle Association or any other Governing Bodies.
- The Business of the Club shall begin on 1st January and end on 31st December, each year.
ADDISCOMBE RIFLE CLUB AIR TARGET SECTION
- This section of Addiscombe Rifle Club will be known as the ‘Addiscombe Rifle Club Air Target Section’.
- Members who are solely members of this Section will not be able to use this Section to obtain a Section 1 Firearms Certificate.
- It will be managed by a committee appointed by members of the Section, for the purpose of the efficient and orderly running of this Section with a view to promotion of Air target Shooting, whilst entering internal and external competitions.
- One member elected by the Air Target Section’s Committee will be a member of Addiscombe Rifle Club Committee
- Save for paragraphs 1 to 4 above, members of the Air Section are otherwise bound by the Rules of the Addiscombe Rifle Club.
(Previous revisions at EGM on 21/11/90, AGM 2/3/91 and 24/3/92, EGM 12/1/2000, AGM 11/2005